Easy, Elegant Brunch: French Toast Bread Pudding
8 day-old dinner rolls or 1/2 loaf of French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 block of cream cheese (4 oz.), cubed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cup half & half or whole milk
4 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread half the bread cubes into the dish.
- Scatter the cream cheese over bread and layer with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in maple syrup, vanilla, milk and melted butter, whisking until well incorporated.
- Gently pour egg mixture over the bread. Use a large spoon to press bread into egg mixture until covered.
- Cover dish with tin foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top of bread pudding is golden brown.
- Heat additional maple syrup until warm to serve with bread pudding.
More Like This
Recent Posts by A Southern Soul
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy
By Kizzy Rennie
By Kalyn Denny