Fresh Pumpkin Cookies!
By NurseBridgid on September 24, 2013
After making these pumpkin cookies for a friend that really digs pumpkin, and wanting to make a healthier version of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I think I have pretty much perfected the recipe. I do use coconut palm sugar as a sweetener, and chocolate chips, but I buy the least processed I can find! Since so many have requested the recipe, here it is for all to enjoy:
Nurse Bridgid’s pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
2 cups freshly roasted pumpkin
1 cup coconut palm sugar ( I use coconut palm sugar but I’ve also made these with raw sugar and decreased to 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use pumpkin, flaxseed, chia, or grape seed oil instead of traditional vegetable oil)
2 cups flour (I make my own oat flour as a base, but I have made them with white flour and wheat flour too)
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons allspice
4 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (pure vanilla)
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg with a mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon/allspice/ginger, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
3. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
4. Add vanilla and chocolate chips (you could probably add nuts too!)
5. Drop by spoonful on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
*They don’t really firm up like “regular” cookies due to their pumpkin base and because they are made with pumpkin, I refrigerate them instead of leaving them out and just reheat for a few minutes before serving….unless they are fresh out of the oven!
Give them a try and let me know what you think, and enjoy those fresh fall pumpkins!
- See more at: http://www.nursebridgid.com/2013/09/popular-demand-fresh-pumpkin-cookies.html#sthash.qqLiyxo7.dpufYours in Good Health
More Like This
Recent Posts by NurseBridgid
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Health
Recent Comments on Health