Friday is Beauty
By tasteful on October 26, 2012
This week as been a week of gratitude for me. Not that I'm not grateful everyday, but I sometimes focus too much on what I don't have versus what I do have.
What I'm grateful for this week:
- Waking up to rain. I love that sound.
- Kai the cat not tripping me down the stairs at 6:29 in the morning.
- Me not tripping down the stairs at 6:29 in the morning.
- My daily cup of coffee turning out perfectly. Most of the time it could use a little more coffee or cream or sugar. Or there's too much of any/all of the 3. This morning it was perfect! The small things.
- I've been in severe pain all week, but I'm grateful that I was able to stay mobile, although very slowly most of the time. Hips, feet & back like an 95-year old. Beautiful if I live to 95, but I don't want to feel like it at this age. Just saying.
- Grateful that my weekend is free, so I can work uninterrupted on editing my book.
- Grateful that I finally have a library card again and can catch up on books that I've wanted to read for months now but could not purchase. I will find a way to make my books affordable & still be able to make a profit. Almost $40 for a hardcover book is ridiculous.
- Grateful that I can knit/crochet so I can make gifts that would otherwise cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Quality knitwear is expensive.
- Grateful for a mostly understanding family who gives me the space I need, when I need it. Who gives me an ear when I need it. Thank you!
- Grateful for a place to vent the good and bad, and for those who take the time to read my words. Thank you!
How has your week been?
Song of the Week: Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat), Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time & Space), Digable Planets, 1993, Capitol Records, Inc. See the Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat). (Links may not work in all countries.)
Till next time,
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life