Friends and Foes in The Twitter Universe
By Janette Leon-Speyer
I have now been an active Twitterer for over 2 years with over 850
followers that is growing daily. Twitter has been a very interesting
social and business experience. I find myself using Twitter for
everything from casual conversation, business contacts, researching
links, posting jobs and fielding questions. As I explore micro-blogging, I have discovered a few likes and dislikes
that I want to share with my readers. Here are some of my comments
about “TweetFriends” and TweetFoes.
- Sharing Informational Links: Twitter is a sharing tool so I always appreciate good informational links. Some examples are: @guykawasaki, @MariSmith, @ShriNagesh and @MarciDesign.
- Customer Service: This is definitely the place to take care of your customers on a more personal level. Check out: @JetBlue, @WholeFoods and of course Lucia, from @pandora_radio.
- Interacting with the Community: This is a social tool and socializing is one of the objectives in using Twitter. Here are some community builder examples: @Burnsie_SEO, @jim_turner and again @MariSmith.
I will not be negative, so I will not mention names here. I only promote
good constructive information. Some of my pet Twitter pees are:
- Tweeters who follow you to build up their profile and then un-follow you once
you choose to follow them is not an honest Twitterer.
- Tweeters who don’t post or give a bio. Why have a profile then? Who are you? It should be a sharing give and take.
- Tweeters who spam. Using popular people’s profiles names by adding a hyphen at
the end to create a new profile and then “stealing” their followers.
I do not have enough room in this article to stress Twitter's immense potential. So for now log in and talk to me @websuccess — I like to communicate with you and to get your feedback.
TeamWork Builds Web Success
The Web Success Team specializes in building and marketing direct response websites that
take full advantage of the latest developments on the Internet. The
Team has an arsenal of effective web strategies, online tools and
proven techniques to promote your products and services. And we’ll show
you ways to increase the amount of qualified traffic to your site
through the expanding “social web” and how to convert visitors into
buyers at a high rate of return.