By Jerrilynn on August 23, 2013
Ugh...the bad word...workout! As much as we don't want to do it, we all know we need to. You can accomplish the goal though without expensive equipment or a gym membership.
- You don't need to buy a set of hand weights. Head to your pantry and grab two cans (of the same kind) that your hand will comfortably fit around.
- Take a walk. If you don't live in the best neighborhood, visit a friend and explore her area. Also, head downtown in your town or city and explore while you exercise.
- Swim. If you don't have a local lake or ocean to take advantage of, contact your local high school or college to see if they offer free open swim times.
- Find a free gym. If you live in an apartment, many complexes offer a workout room. If you don't, see if you have a friend who does and wants to buddy up for workout sessions.
- Utilize YouTube for workout videos. If you enter the word "workout" in the search bar, it will return over 12 million videos to choose from.
- Head to the playground. There is built-in equipment. Swing on the swings and work your way across the monkey bars!
- Find a charity walk/run. Although a small entry fee is usually charged, the fees go to the charity and are tax deductible. You not only do something good for yourself, but for someone else as well.
- Spring clean your house. One good deep cleaning of the entire house will burn calories and work all kinds of muscle groups.
- Ride your bike. If you don't have one, keep an eye out at garage sales, thrift shops, and pawn shops. A bike can be extremely inexpensive and is a great way to enjoy your surroundings.
- Contact your local community center. Many have pools, indoor walking tracks, and classes available at little to no cost. Your own town or city can be one of your best resources.
These are just a few ideas to get fit on the cheap. If you have others, please let me know!!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Recent Comments on Money