I always find it amusing when conservatives stare slack-jawed at the ever-growing number of households which depend upon the government for all or part of their monthly sustenance. Then, once they’ve recovered their wits they want to blame Barack Obama and his administration for the fact that government is overtaking and subjugating us.
What those people fail to realize is that instead of blaming Barack Obama for the governmental dependency we see growing all around us, we should be congratulating him.
That is precisely what he MEANT to do and his efforts have been wildly successful.
Now, allow me to be the first to say, I think it’s abominable that in this country so many Americans are reduced to living on the government dole. But, you see, I’m a person who finds not-earning my way on my own and by the sweat of my own brow to be repugnant. If you are, as the President is, one of those people who want to re-instate slavery and make all Americans subjects to the Federal Government’s whims, the economic numbers are the stuff celebrations are made from.
Here are a few facts I find to be worth a long look:
- In 2007 the price of gasoline was id="mce_marker".85. Today it’s close to $4.00
- Approximately 48% of Americans are considered to be low income or are living in poverty.
- In 2007, of all unemployed Americans, only about 10 percent had been out of work for 52 weeks or longer. Today, that number is above 30 percent.
- The number of people who receives food stamps has grown to an all-time high
- In America approximately 22% of our children are living in poverty
- 49.1% of Americans live in a home where at least one person receives benefits from the government.
If the name of the game is to break the bank-book and the spirit of the American people in order to slide this great nation into a column with other socialist nations, then the President and his administration are winning.
They don’t care that you probably spend an obscene percentage of your income to buy gas for your car and your job hunting adventures. They don’t care that you can’t find a job. They don’t mind that your house is worth less today than it was when you bought it and they certainly don’t care that you’re being foreclosed upon. The more dependent you are upon big government, the easier you are to manipulate and the faster you will latch on to the government teat and be totally subjugated.
This, my friends, is the fundamental transformation of America Barack Obama had in mind when he promised hope and change. As the bumper sticker says,
“How’s that change working out for you?”