Gain BlogHer '14 Connections Without Leaving Your House: Introducing BlogHer at Home From Skype
By Diane Lang on July 22, 2014
Featured Member Post
Six years ago, BlogHer at Home was created by community members Nic (@mybottlesup) and Jenn Jacura (@PrincessJenn) as a way to connect non-attendees during BlogHer '09. What began as a way to have a conversation turned into a party. Of course it did! BlogHers know how to have a good time.
BlogHer took over the tradition in 2012—and this year, we're moving the party from Twitter to Skype, BlogHer '14's Official Communication Partner! We've had great success and fun with the BlogHer Buddy System, and realized it would be a perfect place for HomeHers to connect.
One of the greatest benefits of BlogHer events is the new friends and business contacts you make through networking, and we don't want you to miss out just because you can't make it to San Jose. We will also have some BlogHer '14 official tote bags to give away randomly throughout the conference, so stay tuned to participate. (Official Rules)
If you would like to join BlogHer at Home on Skype, just follow these easy steps:
1) Create a Skype account (if you don't have one already).
2) Fill out this form, and make sure to check the box that says you're interested in being added to the BlogHer at Home chat group. Feel free to join any other interest-based groups while you're in there. You don't have to be an attendee to join them.
3) Check your Skype Recent section for an invite to connect from someone saying they're from BlogHer (This will not go to your email. You have to be in Skype to see your invites.)
4) Accept the invite to connect, and then wait for your selected Chat Groups to start showing up in your Recent section.
5) Dive right in and start chatting.
6) Add SkypeBlogHer to your Skype contacts yourself, so you can reach Kelly, the helpful Skype contact with any questions about Skype.
7) Have fun!
We think you will enjoy the informative, robust community of the BlogHer Buddy System as much as we do. Don't be shy! Jump in and say hello.
Announcing the BlogHer Buddy System, Brought to You by BlogHer's Official Communications Sponsor, Skype
More Like This
Recent Posts by Diane Lang
Most Popular on BlogHer
Don Lemon Joins Whoopi Goldberg in Using Victim-Blaming Tactics to Defend Bill Cosby Against Rape Accusations
By Deb Rox
November 25, 2014 - 12:23pm by Elisa Camahort
November 24, 2014 - 4:00am by Rita Arens
November 12, 2014 - 6:00am by Julie Ross Godar
Recent Comments on Conferences