The Gift That Keeps on Giving: The BlogHer Voices of the Year Raise $5,400 for Charity
Nearly six months ago we announced the BlogHer Voices of the Year Gala and Art Auction, curated by kirtsy. Over three months ago we launched the auction with the first group of art pieces. And two months ago, the auction wrapped up.
Today we are pleased to announce that last week BlogHer sent a check in the amount of $5,400 to the Nature Conservancy, in support of their Gulf restoration efforts.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we'd like to thank:
- The Voices of the Year: 90 bloggers who were honored for absolutely outstanding work in 2010. have you read their posts and checked out their work? You should!
- The Artists: 59 artists who created images and artwork inspired by the Voices of the Year: Paintings, photography, mosaics, jewelry, ceramics...an embarrassment of riches.
- The team at kirtsy: Founders Laura, Laurie, Gabrielle and team members Liz and Jordan each contributed in significant (and sometimes unsung) ways to the Voices of the Year Gala at BlogHer '10 and creating, populating and managing the auction. We truly couldn't have done it without them.
- Those of you who participated in the auction. You are gracing your walls with inspiring new art, but you also are the ones who made it possible to send that check to the Nature Conservancy. Thank you for being a part of it.
Believe it or not, we are so motivated by the 2010 Voices of the Year, and the artists inspired by them, that we have one more idea up our sleeve...one more way to help the Gulf. But you'll have to stay tuned...
Thanks again, everybody!
Elisa Camahort Page
for Elisa, Jory and Lisa, BlogHer co-founders
ADD A COMMENT
- Screw Work Life Balance: We Need Work Life Policy! Here's All You Need to Know to Join the Movement at BlogHer
WindWeaver2 years ago
June's Jewels3 years ago