‘Girlfriend’s Guide’ to Fitness on the Main Line
By LNapolitanoPsyD on March 13, 2014
The best way to lift your mood and to meet new friends is to take exercise classes. Fitness classes are fun, they are social, and they produce endorphins. On the Main Line, there are somany amazing Spinning, yoga, Barre, rowing and Pilates studios. With so many options to choose from, how do you figure out which class might be the best fit for you?
As such, I’m going to take classes at various Main Line boutique fitness studios and write about my experiences. I’ll give you insider information about the classes so that you can feel informed when you sign up. My goal is to encourage women to try new exercise classes and to meet other happy, energetic, motivated women. Every Friday I will post a review of a new fitness class that I’ve taken.
I’ll be reviewing the following boutique fitness studios:
- Focus Fitness Main Line – Bryn Mawr
- Jai Yoga – Haverford
- Fly Wheel – Bryn Mawr
- Lithe Method – Haverford
- Body Precision Pilates – Rosemont
- Verge Yoga – Wayne
- Row Zone – Newtown Square
I’ll also be reviewing one larger gym that specializes in weight training:
- Main Line Health & Fitness – Bryn Mawr
I’ll write my description of the fitness studio & class with the following criteria:
- How awkward you might feel being the new kid in class
- How to learn the moves of the class without looking like an idiot
Difficulty level of class:
- What level of fitness is required to successfully finish the class
Typical person taking this class:
- Level of Fitness
- Executives, Moms, etc.
What You Should Wear:
- Based on comfort, ease of movement
- Based on what other women are wearing in the class (to minimize the ‘newbie’ element)
Anything Else You Should Know:
- Cost of the class
- How far in advance you need to book a class
Again, my goal is to encourage women to try new fitness classes and meet new people on the Main Line. I strongly believe that exercise is the key to happiness and wellbeing. We should all be taking advantage of these amazing local fitness opportunities!
Lauren Napolitano, Psy.D.
More Like This
Recent Posts by LNapolitanoPsyD
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Diet & Fitness
Recent Comments on Diet & Fitness
By Rita Arens