Giving Back and Winning $2,000
By irun4wine on June 13, 2012
In April, I did a post on North Highlands Day of Giving Back. I've worked for North Highland, a global consulting firm since March 2011. The Day of Giving back took place on April 28th and 31 offices across the world got together to Invest in Human Potential by giving back to the communities they live and work. As I mentioned in my post, I was in charge of coordinating the three Central Florida North Highland offices, Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville.
On one of the coordinator calls prior to the Day of Giving Back, North Highland announced a contest: one office would be awarded $2,000 to give to their charity. The winning office would be decided by a variety of things including: highest office participation; social media activity; charitable donations.
Two weeks after the Day of Giving Back, I received a company wide email with accomplishments and halfway through the email, I had my biggest achievement since being employed with North Highland. Our team efforts won the $2,000! The Central Florida offices will split up the $2,000 between our three charities, and rounding it up to $700:
Community Connections in Jacksonville
Harbor House of Central Florida in Orlando
Metropolitan Ministries in Tampa
This was great timing for Metropolitan Ministries, who is currently doing a match campaign, so our $700 donation for the Tampa office will technically be $1,400!
Here is the email with some of the amazing things North Highland did in their communities worldwide. It's no wonder that we have been named by Consulting Magazine as the Best Firms to Work For, five years consecutively as #4 or higher and named the 2011 #1 large company to work for in Florida by Florida Trend Magazine - stay tuned to hear if we took the title for 2012!
With a total of 31 offices, and over 1,200 employees, clients, family and friends, we were able to make an impact in our communities globally.
• Unpacked and sorted 7,000 lbs. of donated clothes, with sales from the clothing going to people with disabilities
• Made 1,156 bracelets for children who have cancer
• Donated over $2,300 in food, collected over 200 pounds of food, and donated over $1,000 in toiletries, gift cards, and energy efficient light bulbs.
• Planted 180 new willow branches, and beautified parks by spreading pounds of mulch and planting trees.
• Sorted and boxed 15,000 individual cans, moved/inventoried 51,900 individual cans and boxes of food – which created 2 months of food shipments
• Assembled 7,080 food bags feeding 3,000 families Many thanks to all of you who were creative in showcasing your investment to human potential:
• The Los Angeles and Atlanta offices for being creative and capturing their day of giving back with a video. Job well done!
• The Facebook photo collage created by Megan Wood (hey that's me!) that received 100+ likes!
• All the local office coordinators, on-site event coordinators and photographers for all your hard work.
Now on to the contest. The office that met and exceeded all of the contest qualifications is the Central Florida office.
• Central Florida had 143% participation!
• They did a great job driving all their Day of Giving Back efforts to the North Highland in the Community Facebook page with a collective total of: o 360+ Likes o 80+ Comments o 11 Photos and 8 photo collages o 5 Shares, 1 Wall Post, 3 Status Updates
• They also received recognition in a blog posting by Little Blog Dress who is a featured blogger on Google+
• Their charities also posted the photo collages and photos on their Facebook pages as well! The office’s results across all of the contest criteria made them the winner of the contest! The Central Florida office will be awarded $2,000 towards their charities!
More Like This
Recent Posts by irun4wine
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life