Gluten free almond honey pancakes
By runninsrilankan on January 21, 2014
Do you ever brush your teeth and get into bed only to be jolted awake by arumbling?
A rumbling that you begin to realize is coming from your belly?
Now THIS is where the dilemma begins…
Do you wake up, eat something and rebrush your teeth before going to bed?
Do you ignore the rumbling and begin counting sheep (not lamb chops) till you fall back to sleep?
So it’s only fair that I share these with you…
Come on and help yourself to a bite!
These were “silence-in-the-room-till-every-morsel-was-consumed” good!
And they are healthy – no butter or full fat milk – no sugar other than honey – no gluten as they are made with rice flour (for those trying to avoid gluten for whatever reasons). Chock full of ground up almonds and almond milk – these kept us full for a long, long time!
…Maybe I should try THESE for dinner to keep the rumblings at bay….
So…when the rumblings wake you up…
Do you eat something and rebrush your teeth before going to bed?
Do you ignore the rumblings and begin counting sheep till you fall back to sleep?
check out runninsrilankan.com for recipe
- 3/4 cup ground up almonds (My old-basic blender worked like magic grinding up the almonds)
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Mix ALL the ingredients in a bowl
- Cook 2-3 spoonfuls in a greased pan on medium-low heat, till golden brown on both sides (bout 2-3 minutes on each side)
- Enjoy with more honey and/or almond butter or anything your heart or taste-buds desire!
- I like my pancakes without sugar -but if you would like sweeter pancakes, please add a teaspoon or two of brown sugar or more honey.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Jan Wilberg
By Shari Eberts
By Shari Eberts