Gluten Free Arancini
By Persnickety Mama on March 31, 2014
I have a gluten allergy and I work A LOT - so having yummy pre-made meals for my guys makes my life MUCH easier.
I have tried the old standards, but have been trying to find NEW things to try - Arancini, sure... why not!
Makes 26 - 1 1/2 inch balls
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 7 oz cubed mozzarella cheese - 3/4" pieces
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cornmeal or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- marinara sauce
- salt & pepper
- Cook your arborio rice based on package instructions but instead of water, use chicken broth. Set aside to cool - I found it worked well to lay in on a sheet tray so it would cool quicker.
- Beat one egg, then combine with rice, parmesan and parsley in a bowl
- Beat second egg and place in a shallow dish. Place cornmeal or breadcrumbs on a plate with the 2 tsp of garlic salt. You now have your stations ready to make your Arancini!
- Shape each Arancini by taking 2 tbsp in your hand and roll into a ball. Keeping your hands wet helps!
- Take a cube of mozzarella and push into the center of the ball.
- Reshape the ball, keeping the mozzarella completely covered with the rice mixture
- Dip each rice ball into the egg mixture, then roll in the cornmeal / breadcrumbs.
- Place in your pan for freezing
To serve, thaw your Arancini in the fridge overnight, then place each piece on a lined or greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated 350F or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Persnickety Mama
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court