Gluten Free Arancini
By Persnickety Mama on March 31, 2014
I have a gluten allergy and I work A LOT - so having yummy pre-made meals for my guys makes my life MUCH easier.
I have tried the old standards, but have been trying to find NEW things to try - Arancini, sure... why not!
Makes 26 - 1 1/2 inch balls
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 7 oz cubed mozzarella cheese - 3/4" pieces
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cornmeal or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- marinara sauce
- salt & pepper
- Cook your arborio rice based on package instructions but instead of water, use chicken broth. Set aside to cool - I found it worked well to lay in on a sheet tray so it would cool quicker.
- Beat one egg, then combine with rice, parmesan and parsley in a bowl
- Beat second egg and place in a shallow dish. Place cornmeal or breadcrumbs on a plate with the 2 tsp of garlic salt. You now have your stations ready to make your Arancini!
- Shape each Arancini by taking 2 tbsp in your hand and roll into a ball. Keeping your hands wet helps!
- Take a cube of mozzarella and push into the center of the ball.
- Reshape the ball, keeping the mozzarella completely covered with the rice mixture
- Dip each rice ball into the egg mixture, then roll in the cornmeal / breadcrumbs.
- Place in your pan for freezing
To serve, thaw your Arancini in the fridge overnight, then place each piece on a lined or greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated 350F or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Persnickety Mama
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Most Popular on Gluten-Free
Recent Comments on Gluten-Free