GLUTEN-FREE BAKED SALMON & CRAB SRIRACHA
By Nummy For My Tummy on February 13, 2014
Sushi gets really expensive, especially for my family. My daughter is a total nut job when it comes to the stuff and a quick sushi restaurant meal easily turns into a $50+ hit to my wallet.
When going out for sushi, baked spicy salmon rolls were my favorite. Alas, I rarely go out for sushi due to gluten cross contamination and I try to keep white rice to a minimal. Deciding to save money, as usual, we stayed home on our designated sushi night and I made Baked Salmon & Crab Sriracha, which has quickly turned into a family favorite.
Taking the time and making it at home costs half as much and you don't need to worry about how it's being prepared.
- 1lb Salmon - Sliced into 8- 2oz portions
- 1/2 Coconut Aminos
- 8 oz Lump Crab
- Sriracha Cream Sauce
- Avocado slices
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Marinade raw salmon in coconut aminos for at least 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place marinated portions of salmon onto a baking dish lined with greased aluminum foil (keeps the mess to a minimum)
- Generously cover each piece of salmon with the Sriracha cream sauce (reserve a little for after it’s cooked)
- Bake for 10 minutes (no longer, salmon will continue to cook once it's out of the oven)
- Remove from the oven and set your broiler to high
- Add 1oz lump crab on top of each piece of salmon and a teaspoon of the Sriracha Cream on top of the crab
- Place back into oven & broil for an additonal 2-4 mins or until sauce on salmon is slightly toasted DO NOT WALK AWAY, you don’t want the sauce to burn
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully place salmon onto a serving plate then drizzle the reserved Sriracha sauce on top.
- Garnish avocado, sesame seeds, green onions, jalapenos or more Siracha (cream or regular) it's up to you!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court