Gluten Free Fun-fetti Cupcakes
By glutenfreegigi on May 20, 2014
Fun-fetti Cupcakes are extremely popular with kids (of all ages!). You’ve likely seen those boxes of mix on the baking aisle in your grocery store… then you passed them right on by, since they are filled with gluten, dairy, and who knows what else.
But maybe you lingered. Or maybe your kiddos lingered, wanting, wishing, for a fun-fetti cupcake to call their own.
Want and wish no more! It’s super-simple to whip up a batch of Gluten Free Fun-fetti Cupcakes in no time!
The best part is that you have control over what’s inside. Of course, these ARE cupcakes, so they contain sugar and oil and eggs. They aren’t intended to be “healthy”, so keep that in mind and enjoy these beauties in moderation, on occasion.
They would make a great birthday party treat for a child with food allergies, especially since ALL the other kids will want to gobble them up, too… they really are that tasty!
Bake and cool…
Then pile on the frosting and sprinkles…
And dig in!
Just remember to share ~ they taste better if you do!
Gluten Free Fun-fetti Cupcakes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This recipe is free from: gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts.
- 220 grams gluten-free flour blend without gums (like King Arthur Gluten Free Multipurpose Flour or Gigi's Everyday Gluten Free Flour Blend)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup neutral-tasting oil (your choice)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk (I prefer unsweetened coconut milk; use any dairy-free or dairy milk you use in your baking.)
- ½ cup confetti style sprinkles (Make sure you use a brand that is gluten-free; sprinkles made with all-natural colors are also available.)
- Frosting of your choice (for suggestions, see Notes below recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-section muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl; whisk to blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, applesauce, eggs, vanilla and milk; whisk to combine.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth; stir in sprinkles.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 sections of the muffin pan; bake 15-20 minutes, until the cupcakes rise and tops appear dry. (Insert a cake pick to test for doneness.)
- Cool cupcakes in pan until cool enough to handle to remove to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- When cupcakes are completely cool, frost as desired and top with additional sprinkles.
Don’t miss another delish dish! Sign up for my free eNewsletter, the Daily Gluten Free Fix, and have each new recipe and article delivered to your inbox.
While you’re here, browse the Recipe Index for recipes free from gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts. And be sure to explore my vast collection of “Smart Nutrition Backed by Science” articles in the Knowledge section and check out eBooks in the Shop.
If you’re NEW TO GLUTEN FREE LIVING, click on over to the Essentials.
All content copyright Gluten Free Gigi, LLC. Please share courteously, providing link back and full credit for my work. Thank you.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
FoodSaver® Reviews & Giveaways
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! Air is the enemy of freshness and FoodSaver® vacuum sealers remove and lock out air and moisture. It keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' posts and know more about FoodSaver® plus get a chance to win $100!
Recent Comments on Food
By Karen Ballum
By Emily Austin