Gluten Free Petite Plum Cornbread
By SpicySweetPotato on August 19, 2013
Petite Plum Cornbread is an absolutely adorable gluten free cornbread recipe that will delight everyone you serve it to. For this delectable recipe, a sweetened cornbread batter is laced with fresh peaches and baked in mini loaves pan until perfectly golden with just the right amount of crumble. A slice of Petite Plum Cornbread makes a fantastic afternoon pick-me-up or breakfast treat.
Petite Plum Cornbread
Makes 2 Mini Loaves (4 Slices Per Loaf)
3 medium plums
1/2 cup gluten free cornmeal ( like the kind by Bob's Red Mill )
1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoons Truvia sweetener
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk (like the kind by Silk )
2 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like the kind by EggBeaters)
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1.5 teaspoons virgin coconut oil, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
2 mini loaf pans, approximately 5.75”x 3” in size (such as these Wilton Mini Loaf Pans )
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray loaf pans with nonstick spray, then line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper.
2. Peel, pit, and dice the peaches. You should end up with approximately 6 ounces or about 1 cup once the plums are chopped.
4. Add dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, Truvia, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg) to the bowl of a stand mixer, then mix on low speed just until combined. (Alternatively, add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and use a handheld mixer to combine).
5. Add wet ingredients (milk, egg, pumpkin, coconut oil, and almond extract) to a microwave safe mixing bowl. Transfer bowl to microwave and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk ingredients, then microwave for 15-30 seconds more or until coconut oil is melted and ingredients are slightly warm. Whisk until combined.
3. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Mix ingredients until evenly incorporated and a smooth batter is formed.
4. Add plums to batter and mix briefly, just until plums are evenly distributed throughout batter.
5. Divide batter evenly between prepared loaf pans ( about 1 cup + 2 tablespoons per pan).
6. Transfer loaf pans to oven, placing both pans in the center of oven but leaving a few inches in between the pans. Bake cornbread for 45-48 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from pan, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let bread cool in pans for 15-20 minutes, then gently run a thin spatula or knife around the sides of each loaf to loosen the edges. Invert bread onto a cooling rack and let cool completely prior to slicing.
8. Use a serrated bread knife to cut each loaf into 4 slices (8 slices total). To store bread, wrap each piece individually in aluminum foil and place in a gallon sized ziploc bag. For maximum freshness, store bread in refrigerator. If you’re not going to eat the bread within a week, you can also store in the freezer, and defrost a piece in microwave, as needed.
Nutrition Information--approximately 90 calories per serving (1/4 of a mini loaf; 8 servings per recipe)
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Gluten-Free
Recent Comments on Gluten-Free
By Kalyn Denny