Golden Globes Fashion Recap
By bayjb on January 19, 2010
BlogHer Original Post
Woooo! It’s officially award season, which means I become super fashion judgmental and share my b*tchy, catty comments with all of you!
So let’s kick this off by recapping the Golden Globes, my favorite of all the award shows (probably because people have gotten drunk pre-speech.)
Best/Worst Moments: Award Show
- Host/presenter: Ricky Gervais – Hilarious, drinking a beer and shamelessly self promoting. Love it all.
- Quote: “It’s God crying for NBC,” said by Tina Fey during the NBC pre-show. So true. I hope NBC gets herpes for what it’s doing to Conan.
- Acceptance speeches: Glee cast, Sandra Bullock and Robert Downey Jr. A nice mix of silly, sweet and sincere.
- Presenters: Felicity Huffman/Mickey Rourke – Guess reading isn’t fundamental.
- Quote: “Give it up for yourselves,” James Cameron. Seriously, are you kidding me?
- Commercial: Chrysler, thanks for inviting ME to keep watching the Golden Globes, which I was already watching on MY TV. FAIL.
- Acceptance speech: Anything with James Cameron.
- Camerawork: Too many moments to mention. NBC can’t even produce the show correctly? Who was controlling the camera throws?
Best/Worst Moments: Fashion
I have to say, this was difficult to write because I loved a lot of the dresses last night. But alas, I had to call out the ones that really shined and should have stayed at home.
Best dressed male/female:
I could not take my eyes off Penelope whenever she was on screen. Hair, dress, jewelry are all flawless. That’s a movie star.
Yes, I have a Glee crush on him, but the classic Hugo Boss suit can never go wrong on any guy.
Best dressed couple:
They make anything from the Gap to evening wear look adorable. Love Amy’s dress, too.
Worst dressed female (tied):
I have a feeling Tom Ford dressed her in this unflattering, shapeless ensemble, and it breaks my heart.
I love ruffles, too, but I don’t LOVE ruffles. Too much. Way too much.
Best skank-free look:
Another great, age-appropriate, classy look with a bit of edge. Also, I’m glad that she left the buttless chaps at home this time.
An ode to Sham-Wow:
Hate the color, hate the overdone texture and that oversize bun (not shown). Not flattering, but she could pick up any spills with that dress.
Needs a reminder she’s not 20 anymore:
We get it, Jen, you’re single, 40 and free. But I don’t want to see your “see you next Tuesday.” Sometimes covering up is classier than showing it all off.
Dress doesn’t match body type:
She has an amazing voice, but this full-volume skirt just doesn’t work on her. Just because it’s De La Renta doesn’t make it right.
I usually love Tina’s choices, but this skirt isn’t working for me or for her petite frame.
Confused a nightgown with a dress:
We get it, you’re hot and a mom. Go back to bed or pump in the bathroom.
Project Runway graduation:
Wearing Christian Siriano – Love the color and way it compliments her skin tone and hair. Ka-boom on the boobs, too! Snap, damn.
Best old Hollywood glamour:
Nicole’s choices can be hit-or-miss, but the dress color and draping are great. Thanks for the nip outlines, too!
LOVE this look. The mix of fabrics, headband and red lips are amazing. The more I look at it, the more I love it.
Well, the Oscars are up next. No mercy!
Read more from Jessica at Everyday Adventures.
More Like This
Recent Posts by bayjb
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Entertainment