Gonna Take a Sentimental Journey... What're your favs?
In reckless disorder, here are a few sentimental pop songs I love. Shall I sing you a few bars?
No, you’re right. Let’s stay friends instead.
What are some of your favorite sentimental pop songs, especially those songs the world may have forgotten? The mushier, the better. If the song makes you cry, better yet. I want to know!
P.S. There are some glaring omissions from my list, like Elvis, because I couldn't make up my mind.
- Autumn Leaves, Nat King Cole
- Lights, Journey
- Neither One of Us (Wants to Be the First to Say Goodbye), Gladys Knight and the Pips
- Tunnel of Love, Bruce Sprinsteen
- Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton
- I’ve Been Waiting for a Girl Like You, Foreigner
- Dreams, Fleetwood Mac
- Ma Cherie Amour, Stevie Wonder
- Blue on Black, Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- Summer Breeze, Hall and Oates
- The Thrill is Gone, B.B. King
- Poor Side of Town, Johnny Rivers
- Hello, It’s Me, Todd Rundgren
- Angie, Rolling Stones
- Melissa, Allman Brothers Band
- For the Good Times, Al Green
- Desperado, Eagles
- If You Don’t Know Me By Now, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes
- Midnight Confessions, Grass Roots
- Me and Bobby McGee, Janis Joplin
- Oh, Girl, Chi-lites
- Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind This Time), Delphonics
- Try a Little Tenderness, Otis Redding
- Rainy Night in Georgia, Brooke Benton
- The Shadow of Your Smile, Tony Bennett
- We’ve Only Just Begun, Karen Carpenter
- Walking on Broken Glass, Eurythmics
- Fire and Rain, James Taylor
- I Will Always Love You, Dolly Parton
- These Dreams, Heart