I've been hurt, I've been ignored, mistreated, abused, laughed at, made fun of, unappreciated... By people in this world.
When these things happen to us and we feel "wronged" our first reaction is usually
hold a grudge
be mean/hateful back
I've been guilty of this. Lately I have been feeling "FED UP". That point where you are just out of things to say, do, or be.
Somethings I've learned and God has reminded me:
1. Sometimes no matter what you do people are NOT going to change. They are used to their dysfunction and will probably stay there unless God changes them.
2. I need to remember that when I get fed up because people are hurting me that God never gives up on me. And that I need to forgive them.
3. I have to ask myself, how many times a day do I hurt God or ignore him? He never get "fed up" with me.
4. That forgiving someone means to continue to treat them with kindess. And to continue to let my hurt be healed.
5. That people are ALWAYS going to fail me. Always. But God never fails or leaves me.
6. Some people don't want to mention Hope. Probably because either they are afraid it will hurt me or it makes them uncomfortable. But that doesn't mean her life isn't validated. She has her daddy and mommy.
7. That my heart might hurt but I will be ok.
8. I must hold on to Gods promise that he is protecting my O,J, E.
9. I am just human. I fail, fall, struggle... when I do I pick myself up and continue fighting.
10. I have to grieve in my own way.
11. I cannot take care of all my families problems, cares, hurts, burdens... I cannot change them. I am NOT a fictional super hero. That is Gods job
So thats whats on my heart today...