Grapefruit and Avocado Quinoa Salad
I’m really wishing for spring. Who’s with me? I’ve been spending countless afternoons staring longingly our at my garden wishing it was warm and sunny enough to be out there in my swimsuit planting, or even better, harvesting, something delicious. Instead I’m inside in my sweats drinking tea and reading. Which, I know isn’t so bad, but I’d prefer reading in a lawn chair
Recipe: Grapefruit and Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe (but not overripe) avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, grapefruit, avocado, cilantro, and green onion.
- Squeeze lime onto avocado. Whisk extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar and drizzle over salad. Toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.