Gratitude Linkup - Week of 7/6/14
By Life Breath Present on July 07, 2014
One of the best ways to have perspective, for me, is to remember the things I'm grateful for. There have been times when I've gotten stuck in negativity that I've done a quick gratitude list (in my head or with another) and started on the path of releasing that negativity. Gratitude lists help me to remember what's beautiful and to remain present in my life.
Each week, Laurel Regan's Gratitude linkup over at Alphabet Salad is a way for me to share a few of the things I'm grateful for with others.
A few of the things I'm grateful for today are:
- Continued searching for a home that fits us well, in more ways than one!
- The honor of attending a friend's baby's baptism.
- The ongoing struggle within myself about returning to work or not. This struggle signifies for me, marketable skills, a desire to achieve, the blessing of a child, and the fact that I have a choice.
- Baby Boy's desire to be with his Momma at all times - me!
- Clean, filtered drinking water.
- Homemade peach flavored tea!
- Chirping birds each morning.
- Increasing knowledge about this blogging thing!
- Having food to eat everyday, a luxury some struggle with.
- A wonderful time with friends, sharing in the honor of a baptism.
- Not being perfect and getting it right all the time.
- Hearing from others that I'm doing well as a mom, thereby lifting my spirits and releasing some doubt (even if only for a time).
- 2 quarts of coconut oil being shipped.
- Change. It helps me grow, getting better at working with and through it, despite the fear and anxieties it raises.
Do you do a gratitude list? How about joining us and writing your own!
If you'd like to read some of my other gratitude lists, check here.
Read more from Life Breath Present
More Like This
Recent Posts by Life Breath Present
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more