Grilled Asparagus & Leeks + Cinnamon Tofu
By JL Fields on May 25, 2011
I was delighted to create a spring recipe, Gingered Asparagus & Leeks, for Christy, The Blissful Chef, last month. I was equally delighted when Meatless Monday chose to feature the recipe the following week!
Now that it’s spring and outdoor cooking is kicking into gear, I decided to try this recipe out on the grill.
JL’s Gingered Asparagus & Leeks (Roasted, Grilled or Raw)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 16 spears)
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
For roasted Gingered Asparagus and Leeks
- Heat the oven to 400F and roast 8 – 10 minutes in a shallow baking dish. (shown above)
For grilled Gingered Asparagus and Leeks
- On an indoor/outdoor grill: Grill for no more than 10 minutes, turning at half-way point.
- On a charcoal or gas grill: Wrap in foil and steam on the grill for 8 – 10 minutes.
For raw Gingered Asparagus and Leeks
- On a ParaFlexx sheet, dehydrate on 105 for 6 hours.
I served the asparagus with a new grilled tofu recipe
JL’s Cinnamon Tofu
- Half a block of extra firm tofu
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 t Herbamere
- A couple of dashes of cinnamon
- Press the tofu. Slice into five pieces and place in a shallow dish.
- Whisk all ingredients in small bowl and pour over the tofu. Marinade for 2 – 24 hours.
- Grill on an indoor/outdoor grill for 8 minutes (turns at four minutes).
Dinner is served!
Cinnamon Tofu and Grilled Gingered Asparagus & Leeks