Grilled Asparagus & Leeks + Cinnamon Tofu
By JL Fields on May 25, 2011
I was delighted to create a spring recipe, Gingered Asparagus & Leeks, for Christy, The Blissful Chef, last month. I was equally delighted when Meatless Monday chose to feature the recipe the following week!
Now that it’s spring and outdoor cooking is kicking into gear, I decided to try this recipe out on the grill.
JL’s Gingered Asparagus & Leeks (Roasted, Grilled or Raw)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 16 spears)
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
For roasted Gingered Asparagus and Leeks
- Heat the oven to 400F and roast 8 – 10 minutes in a shallow baking dish. (shown above)
For grilled Gingered Asparagus and Leeks
- On an indoor/outdoor grill: Grill for no more than 10 minutes, turning at half-way point.
- On a charcoal or gas grill: Wrap in foil and steam on the grill for 8 – 10 minutes.
For raw Gingered Asparagus and Leeks
- On a ParaFlexx sheet, dehydrate on 105 for 6 hours.
I served the asparagus with a new grilled tofu recipe
JL’s Cinnamon Tofu
- Half a block of extra firm tofu
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 t Herbamere
- A couple of dashes of cinnamon
- Press the tofu. Slice into five pieces and place in a shallow dish.
- Whisk all ingredients in small bowl and pour over the tofu. Marinade for 2 – 24 hours.
- Grill on an indoor/outdoor grill for 8 minutes (turns at four minutes).
Dinner is served!
Cinnamon Tofu and Grilled Gingered Asparagus & Leeks
More Like This
Recent Posts by JL Fields
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Vegetarian and Vegan
Recent Comments on Vegetarian and Vegan
By Kalyn Denny
By Katie Taylor