Grilled Lemon Chicken
I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. It's been a rough past 3 months. I'll write about it later.
For now, I'm going to post a fabulous recipe that I made the other evening. It is the epitome of the perfect Summer meal!
Grilled Lemon Chicken (Courtesy of IowaGirlEats)
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 chicken breast, pounded thin
- 6 Tablespoons Homemade Lemon Dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup brown basmati rice, dry ( I didn't have any rice, so just ate all veggies)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Marinate chicken breast in 3 Tablespoons lemon dressing for 15-20 minutes. Grill on high heat then set aside when done.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in rice, place a tight fitting lid on top, turn the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon lemon dressing in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté corn and red onion for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add in cooked rice and 1 more Tablespoon lemon dressing. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Stir cherry tomatoes into corn and rice mixture, plate, then top with grilled chicken. Drizzle with remaining Tablespoon of lemon dressing.
*I also sauteed some portabello mushrooms and added it to the mix.*
This meal was so incredibly delicious and healthy!