Grilled Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus
By christyd on May 29, 2012
For Memorial Day the hubs and I truly just relaxed. I did my daily morning routine, which is eat, post blogs, walk my pup, and a little exercise. The hubs wasn't home yet from his guy weekend, so I finished cleaning the house. He got home around 1:00 PM yesterday and Sadie Mae greeted him outside at the side gate (he loves it when she greets him home). Once Chris got home, we literally laid on the sofa and enjoyed each other's company. I ended up taking a quick nap (much needed); gosh, I love holidays!
So for our Memorial Day dinner, we did grill, indoors that is. Our grill does not work, so my trusty Le Creuset grill pan has been my best friend for some time. I absolutely love, love, love it! We had bun-less turkey burgers, grilled proscuitto wrapped asparagus, and sautéed onions & mushrooms. It was all delicious!
I'm not a huge asparagus fan, but when it's wrapped in proscuitto and grilled, I'm sold!! It's a perfect side item for steaks on the grill. And perfect for the summer! Enjoy!
Grilled Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus:
- 1 bunch of Asparagus, washed & dried, ends trimmed
- 1/4-1/2 lb sliced proscuitto (might not use all of the proscuitto)
- Wrap individual asparagus with slice of proscuitto. Continue until all asparagus is wrapped.
- Heat grill pan on medium-high. Add oil so the asparagus won't stick.
- Place asparagus on hot grill. Cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping. Once flipped cook for another 5 minutes. When proscuitto is crispy that's when it's done.
Recipe: Life of a Modern Housewife
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more