Guilt Free Protein Cookies
By ToptoBottom on November 21, 2013
We all know the saying, “a minute on the lips…a lifetime on the hips.” Unfortunately this is a true statement. What you consume dictates how you will look and feel. There are so many food options that we face every day that are laden with fat and calories. If you want to be toned and feel great, there are sacrifices you have to make. Forgo the cheeseburger, fries, cupcakes and cookies. Instead opt for healthier options. Grilled lean meat or tofu, low sodium deli turkey on wheat bread, baked chips and healthier desserts that aren’t packed with sugar are great options.
We have to make the same sacrifices because we love sweets. We are always looking for ways to appease our sweet tooth without the excessive calories. We came up with this delicious cookie that will do just that and they are really simple to make. They contain no flour and actually get their sweetness from protein powder. You can add dark chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, dried cranberries, etc.
We love them refrigerated with a cold glass of Organic Skim Milk. If you are on a strict diet these are a wonderful post workout treat. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Protein and Flax Oatmeal Cookies
Write a review
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp light margarine or almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein powder
- 3 tbsp Flax Seed
- Blend the bananas and margarine/almond butter in a nutra bullet or food processor.
- Place in bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Measure 1 inch cookies and flatten them a bit on cookie sheet.
- Add a couple pieces of the desired addition. (i.e. nuts, raisins, cranberries, dark chocolate)
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- We used Optimum Protein Powder
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health
By Alice Diane
By Alice Diane