Happy Valentine's Day
By BarkingFrogFarm on February 14, 2014
I gave a hundred Valentines.
A hundred, Did I say?
I gave a thousand Valentines
one cold and wintery day.
I didn't put my name on them
or any other words
because my Valentines were seeds
for February birds.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- 4 cups of bird seed
- Mix ingredients.
- Press tightly into cookie cutters with spoon or handle.
- Insert straw or pencil to create a hang hole.
- Let dry for 4-6 hours or overnight, remove from cookie cutter, press mixture out from sides.
- Insert string into hang hold (consider using natural fibers or yarn so birds can also use in their nests).
- Hang outdoors for birds to enjoy.
This recipe comes from Feathered Friends Activities, which was created by Cornell Lab of Ornithology and Pennington Wild Bird Feed. Follow this link for more activities that will "educate and engage children and families in citizen science and the pleasures of wild bird feeding and bird watching!" BirdSleut + Pennington
Happy Valentine's Day from Barking Frog Farm
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer