Healthified Supreme Chunky Monkey "Ice Cream"
By be_healthful on June 30, 2014
For those of you who guessed chunky monkey ice cream, you were bang on!
Although you did cheat and look at the title of the picture. Fail on my part for not editing that. It was early and I was consumed by chocolate chunks and walnuts.
Can you blame me?
Ya, I didn't think so.
Healthified Supreme Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
This 5 ingredient chunky monkey ice cream couldn't be easier to prepare.
Lightly adapted from Smithfield
Yield: 2 servings
- 5 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tbsp nut butter - I used raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks or chips - I used mini silicon muffin tins as the mold
- Place frozen bananas, almond butter, and coconut in your food processor. Pulse until a large mass develops. If the banana isn't binding, try adding 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk or allowing the bowl to sit for 1 minute or so to defrost slightly.
- Drop ball of soft serve into a large bowl and mix in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Serve immediately
I may or may not have placed 3 bananas in the freezer before bed last night with absolutely no intention to make another batch today.
I'm a horrible liar.
I'm also horrible at getting my butt in gear on Sunday mornings.
This office chair feels so nice and my green tea is so warm. But, I must do my 16km run this morning.
Once I get going it's not that bad. It's that initial boost of motivation; to put the tea down, get the running gear on, and head out the door, that's the hard part. What do I do when I'm not motivated?
oh-my-gosh... less than a month until my race. And BOOM just like that, I'm ready to rock. Enjoy your day!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Amazon's ‘The Man In the High Castle’ Makes Us Think About Racism, Anti-Semitism and Fascism in America
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health
By Alice Diane
By Alice Diane