Healthy, Wholesome Blueberry Lemon Muffins (and delicious too!)
I am so excited to be sharing another healthy, wholesome recipe with you today. This one is a winner, y'all.
The other weekend, we were craving something different from our traditional breakfast fare - something that felt decadent, but without the guilt. My husband loves lemon and I've been trying to incorporate more blueberries into our diets, so a muffin combining the two seemed like the perfect solution to our carb craving.
These muffins have dethroned my chocolate chip cookies as the best healthy recipe in my small, but growing repertoire. They are seriously delicious.
There is nothing more satisfying to me than making something that is truly tasty and wholesome to boot, so I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup honey
• 2 tbsp. butter, melted
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• ¾ tsp. baking soda
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• 2½ cups almond meal
• Zest from 2 lemons
• Juice from 1 lemon
• 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325° and grease muffin pan with coconut oil or use pan liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients except almond meal and blueberries until combined.
3. With a spatula, fold in almond meal and blueberries.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
Adapted from this recipe