Prince, Chris Brown, Queen Latifah and El DeBarge: Bloggers on the Highs and Lows of the 2010 BET Awards
By Melissa Ford on June 28, 2010
BlogHer Original Post
Overshadowing the BET coverage is the fact that Chris Brown cried during the Michael Jackson tribute when he tried to sing "Man in the Mirror," but bloggers are talking about the winners and performances at the award show, including Prince's lifetime achievement award.
Bloggers Comment on the 2010 BET Awards:
- Celebglitz focuses on Best Male R&B Artist, Trey Songz (who brought his mum!).
- Gabby Babble points out the problem with having Chris Brown lead the Michael Jackson tribute: "I wonder how Jackson’s family felt about a woman abuser paying tribute to their son/brother, I’m sure there were mixed feelings."
- Whose Shoes are These Anyway touched on Prince's award for Lifetime Achievement, including a video, as well as a pregnant Alicia Keyes's tribute to Prince by covering his song, "Adore U."
- Luvin' My Curves covers Queen Latifah's costume changes.
- Zap2News talks about El DeBarge's comeback performance as well as the fact that the night was a big comeback for moment for many artists: "Kanye West came back from hiding from Taylor Swift fans. Chris Brown came back from the land of public disdain to pay tribute to Michael Jackson. And '80s singer El DeBarge, lead singer of his family's band, DeBarge, made a solid return to the stage."
- HipHopWired has a video of El DeBarge's performance.
What was your favourite moment from the BET Awards?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Melissa Ford
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more