Homemade Pesto Recipe
Pesto is one of the simplest sauces to make, and all you really need is five ingredients—garlic, nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and the star of the show, basil. I started growing my own basil in the backyard because it’s easy, and I love using it in a variety of recipes.
One might think that it’s only good on pasta. Simply not true. Here are other ways to use pesto:
- Spread it on crackers or bread
- Swirl it into Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Drizzle it on eggs, pizza or sliced tomatoes
- Brush it on salmon, steak, pork chops, chicken, potatoes and veggies before grilling or baking
- Stir it into soups, stews and salad dressings