Homemade Valentine Ideas
We alternate between making Valentine's and using store bought ones. It really depends on how crafty and/or motivated I'm feeling. :) Below are some of my ideas for our homemade Valentines. (Links to directions are in color.)
- Heart Crayons
- Candied Popcorn Bags, "I'm popping with happiness that you're my Valentine". Last year I attached a Valentine themed bag full of candied popcorn to a store bought valentine.
- Use potato stamps to make a hearts on a homemade card. (Use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out the shape.)
- Play-Doh Heart ornaments/necklaces
- Make Heart Shaped Chalk
- Hot Air Balloon, it could even have a picture of your child in the basket. "Your friendship lifts me up."
- Butterfly Pencil
- Bubbles with a Valentine's Day themed note like "Your friendship makes me bubbly".
- S'more Kit (marshmallow, graham cracker squares, piece of chocolate), "Your friendship makes me feel mushy inside".
- Goldfish or gummy fish in a fishbowl shaped baggie with a "school" type of message. The bags can be hard to find and a little time consuming to make(click for directions), so you evenjust can cut a bowl shape piece of paper, write the message and place behind the fish.
- Other non-candy ideas: clementines, cars, glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces ("Your friendship brightens my day"). The dollar store or dollar bins at Target/Michael's are great to find little treasures in.
- Hanging Stained Glass Card with "stained glass" made from wax paper and crayons.
- Easy Stained Glass Heart with contact paper and tissue paper.
ADD A COMMENT
Simply Beverages™ use never-from-concentrate juices in all of their beverages. And they never add any preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Read our bloggers' posts and find fun beverage recipes you can serve this summer! Plus get a chance to win $100. Read more