Honey Garlic chicken wings
By npazos on December 03, 2012
This weekend we were super busy we went to Santa's Enchanted Forest which is huge Christmas themed carnival down in Miami Florida, and while we were there I saw a food truck that made a variation of chicken wings. I said to myself after I paid a whopping id="mce_marker"5 bucks for the wings "I could totally make these myself and better"! so here they are! my take on these yummy honey garlic wings! which are by the way a new family favorite! Enjoy! Happy eating from my kitchen to yours!
Even the hubs and kids helped with the prep work!
Marinade getting sticky!
Delightfully adapted from www.foodness.com
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 lbs chicken wings
1. Double-line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil (if using), and cayenne. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Marinate for 1 hour, (or up to overnight).
3. Remove wings from marinade and spread in a single layer on foil-lined baking sheet. Reserve marinade. Bake wings for 35 minutes, brushing with sauce twice (after 10 minutes and 20 minutes – but not during last 10 minutes of cooking because the marinate will not have long enough to cook properly, having touched raw chicken).
4. Boil remaining marinade over high heat until thick and syrupy – pay close attention, it goes from syrupy to burnt very quickly. Toss with chicken wings. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve.