How to Become a Master Networker at your own Company
1. Invite someone from another department to lunch or coffee once a month. Getting to know people outside your department makes you more visible and valued and increases the likelihood of collaboration in the future.
2. Join a committee/company initiative. This is a great way to network with people and get to know them on a more personal level. An example is a service/volunteerism project or committee.
3. Make a point of attending company events. They give you a chance to showcase what you are working on to others outside your department. You may also become aware of inter-company job opportunities before they are made public.
4. Make a point of attending personal events of your co-workers (funerals, holiday parties, weddings, housewarming parties etc.)
5. Send a congratulatory email or card when a co-worker is promoted or receives an award or other recognition.