How To Cut A Watermelon
By dettecakes on May 23, 2014
Yummy watermelon! With Memorial Day and 4th of July just around the corner you're bound to be cutting up a watermelon before you know it! I used to dread cutting up a watermelon and I would usually wait at least a week to cut it up because it was so much work. That was until last year when I learned how to cut a watermelon! If you like to eat watermelon the traditional way (triangle style) this tutorial probably isn't for you. However, if you eat it with a fork you may find this trick helpful :)
1. Start by cutting off both ends of the watermelon so each end is flat. Once it is done you can put one of the flat sides down and you're ready to continue cutting!
2. Now you can cut down each of the sides until all of the rind is gone! Be sure to follow the curve of the watermelon so you don't waste any.
3. Once all the rind is completely gone it should look like this.
4. Next, slice the watermelon into lengthwise slices.
5. Last but not least, cut each slice into smaller square shaped chunks and place everything in a Tupperware.
Just writing this is making my mouth water! We gave Odette watermelon for the first time and she absolutely loves it! I told my husband now we have three watermelon lovers in the house fighting over it! Hope you found this helpful for the next time you cut up a watermelon :)
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Kalyn Denny