How to Get Through Those First Few Months with Multiples
By quatro_mama on August 22, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
Motherhood alone offers its share of challenges, joys, and freak-out moments. However, when motherhood throws a curve ball of multiples, “normal” gets thrown out the window. I understand the overwhelming excitement and overload that goes with parenting multiples -- I have survived five years of quadruplets and am thrilled to offer real-life advice gained along the journey. Consider this your cheat sheet on surviving multiples!
- How to approach the gift registry, and which items you need in duplicate or more.
- Getting through the NICU since multiples tend to be born prematurely.
- Accepting help from everyone who offers.
- How to feed multiple babies at once.
- How to make sure you get enough sleep (as well as your multiples!).
- Giving each child enough attention.
- Getting through the obstacle course that is every outing in public.
- Stop the comparison game between your multiples or your friends' children.
Photo Credit: Casey Mullins.
Jen Murray (aka QuatroMama) is a mom of quadruplet five-year-old boys. When she’s not cleaning up their messes, she offers glimpses into their unique lives through their blog, 4tunate.
This post is part of the Absolute Beginners editorial series made possible by Pampers and BlogHer. Our advertisers do not produce or approve editorial content.
More Like This
Recent Posts by quatro_mama
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Genie Gratto
Children have unique nutritional needs that set the stage for their health later in life. Understanding essential nutrients, and ensuring that your kids are getting enough of them, will help support optimal health now and in the future. Read our blogger's post and see how you can add essential nutrients to your children's diet. Read more
Most Popular on Family
By Genie Gratto
Marshalls Reviews & Giveaway
Have you shopped for your children's Back to School outfits? Marshalls carries the latest trends that your stylish kids will love! Read our bloggers' reviews and see why they chose Marshalls plus get a chance to win a $100 Marshalls gift card.