How to Help Stay-at-Home Parents
I was flipping through channels and stopped on an interview of Dr.
Laura Schlessinger speaking about her new book called "In Praise of
Stay-at-Home Moms." Love her or hate her, she wrote a list that was
right on. I'd like to add stay-at-home dads to the list, though,
because they are working just as hard as moms.
5 Things Dad's Can Do to Help Stay At Home Moms
- Cut out complaining or bragging
- Find something to compliment about the home
- Find time to talk to your wife as "your woman"
- Brag about your wife and kids in her presence
- Provide break or "girl" time for your wife
though I stay at home with the kiddos with no monetary compensation, it
is the best job I have ever had! Benjamin Franklin once said, "He that
is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of
doing everything for money."