How to incorporate simplicity into your life
By Empowered Momma J on November 14, 2012
Everyone's lives are full and busy with "to-do" and "must-do" lists. It's time to slow down and incorporate a few simple ways to avoid life's speed trap.
Here are a few tips on how you can incorporate simplicity into your life.
1. Create a weekly meal plan
Mornings can sometimes prove to be hectic to say the least. Preparing your meals the night before and having them ready to grab in the morning will help keep your belly satisfied and body nourished throughout the day.
- Microsoft templates offers a variety of blank menu templates. Click HERE for an easy menu planner download.
- Need help with your grocery list, here's another easy downloadable list for your groceries.
2. Set up a daily and nightly routine
Routines keep us sane and organized. Check schedules the night before in order to avoid the chaos of gathering items needed for the following day last minute. Here are a few other simple adjustments to your routine that will help keep you sane.
- Lay out your clothes and accessories the night before
- Keep your keys and wallet in the same location
- Pack your gym bag and car the night before
- Have things ready by the door for a quick exit out of your house in the morning
3. It's okay to say "no" every now and then
Overloading your schedule can add undue stress to your life. Be honest with yourself and with others by simply saying "no" every now and then.
4. Ask for help
A helping hand from a family member or friend will help alleviate you of one or two of those pesky "to-do's", leaving room for the things you enjoy doing.
5. Set up reminders
Technology is everywhere. Set up reminders for yourself just to keep you on top of things. Goodbye last minute shopping for your nieces' birthday gift.
6. You are who you are
Striving to be someone you are not will cause unnecessary stress. Love yourself and "Just Be".
7. Be honest
I know cliche but "The truth will set you free".
8. Use your senses
Absorb the beauty that surrounds you and take a slow deep breathe. The fresh air will do wonders to your mind, body and soul.