How To Stand Out In a Crowd By Being Considerate
By JinxiBoo on February 12, 2010
I’ve always found that inconsiderate people stand out in a crowd, quite the same way that considerate people do. Of course, the later is a much more positive way to get noticed if you ask me.
In the whirlwind, busy, stressful world we live in, I don't even think that most people realize that they are being insensitive at times. It may just be that they are trying to get through their day and aren't really being conscious of actually TRYING to be considerate. Pause for a moment to think about three things:
1) How simple it is to be cognizant of others' feelings
2) How great it makes you feel when someone does just that towards you
3) How wonderful YOU feel when you bring some happiness to another's day
Aren't you sometimes taken aback when a stranger goes out of their way to smile, or say something nice, or just be mindful of your presence? It's such a simple concept, yet not adhered to as often as it could be.
To put this principle into action, here is a short list of things you can do to get started:
- Try to be more mindful of others wherever you go.
- Offer a smile or nice word when you have the opportunity.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Let a car go ahead of you in traffic.
- Lend an ear to listen when someone needs to talk.
- Leave a random, kind message on a social networking site or blog.
- Help a family member or co-worker clean up their room or office without being asked.
- Ask someone how the day is treating them.
- Send a thank you card or email when someone least expects it.
Basically, just be kind, respectful, and aware of those around you. It seems so trivial, but believe me, the consequences can be substantial.
Making an effort and being mindful of others will benefit not only the person you are showing compassion towards, but will have positive effects on your own life as well. Kindness is contagious, I tell ya.
More Like This
Recent Posts by JinxiBoo
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Work/Life
Mystery Shopping Made Simple: How to REALLY Make Money with Mystery Shopping as a Home-Based Business
By Tisha Berg
Protect your loved ones and save up for the unexpected. Planning ahead for unfortunate events life may throw at you can be empowering and helps put you back in control. Read our bloggers' posts and see how you can be prepared for life's future events.
Recent Comments on Work/Life