How to Wear Red for Valentine's Day Without Looking Like Santa's Helper
By blackbird17 on February 09, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
Valentine's Day is nearly upon us. How will you celebrate?
Dinner with your sweetie? Candles and wine? Romantic cards? Here are five festive ways to use red without feeling Christmas-y.
1. Throw on an adorable little RED dress from JCrew.
* Wrapping and ruching is flattering. Keep accesories to a minimum (no necklaces with this special neckline) and try neutral shoes.
2. Bright and colorful pants and jeans are a mega hot trend right now. These are from Madewell and would be adorable with flats or heels.
3. Too much color for you? What about just adding pops of color with your accessories? Like red shoes, for instance. JCPenney is working hard to re-create their brands for a new audience. These shoes are sexy, fun and affordable
They'd be cute mini skirt or skinny jeans and flirty blouse.
4. Still too sassy for you? Go with another very popular trend and carry this exceptional red clutch bag from Etsy.
It's got a monkey fist knot on the zipper and I promise it will make any outfit feel more festive without making you feel like one of Santa's helpers!
My last trick isn't something to wear, it's an idea. Why not send HIM a bunch of red roses? At the OFFICE! With a sexy note...
Happy Valentine's Day, dear readers! I hope your day is special.
Blackbird blogs almost every day at say la vee.
More Like This
Recent Posts by blackbird17
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Style
Prevage Reviews & Sweepstakes
Our bloggers share how PREVAGE® Anti-aging Daily Serum differs from other products they've tried PLUS a chance to win $100.
Recent Comments on Style