A hundred favourite films, part 3
Part 3 of a chronological greatest list. The second half of the list represents the start of a second group of fifty, in chronological order.
- ZuluIt’s a great war film, although historically shaky. Men of Harlech has rarely had such cinematic power.
- The DevilsKen Russell’s greatest achievement, and Oliver Reed’s greatest screen performance.
- The GodfatherThe Mafia epic by which all those which follow will be judged.
- Network“I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it any more!”
- Sunday Bloody SundayAn unusual love triangle in 70s London.
- Chariots of FireA sporting classic, with great performances throughout.
- Educating RitaThe story of an Open University student finding her feet.
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the DesertFrock opera in the Outback.
- Being John MalkovichUnclassifiable.
- Three Colors: BlueJuliette Binoche is amazing in this first part of the trilogy.
…plus 10 more. View the full list on Letterboxd.