The Husband-Seeker's Ten Commandments of Modern Dating
By klbrady on July 23, 2011
I do not profess to be an expert on successful dating. Can’t tell you how to get it right. However, I sure as heck can tell you how to date the wrong way. I’ve got twenty years of proven experience, thank you very much. Rock solid credentials. So, I can say with absolute certainty that while following these commandments might not help you find right man, they’ll darn minimize your contact with the wrong men. Take heed and follow:
- Thou shalt keep thy undies above the knees and skirt below thy ass. No sex until thou hast a promise of commitment.
- Thou shalt not covet another woman’s ass…er…husband, lest thy eyes be gouged with the guilt of sin…or the heel of a Christian Louboutin.
- Thou shalt allow the man to be the man—pay for dinner, open doors—lest ye strip him of his man pants and spend the rest of thy days with 1,000 cats.
- Thou shalt allow the man the thrill of pursuit. No need to push or rush. A wise woman once said, "A dog will not stray from the home of his own choosing."
- Thou shalt never make assumptions on a man's actions (or lack thereof) alone. A man who professeth not, loveth not.
- Thou shalt not seek husbands in bars and clubs. If thou shop in a sty, thou can only purchase a pig…knee deep in mud and slop.
- Thy shalt not deceive in words or deeds. To be truthful is divine, to lie will attract Karma…and she’s a bitch.
- Thou shalt tap into thy inner bitch and maintain thy own interests, activities, and hobbies, lest ye become too available and uninteresting…and spend the rest of thy days with 1,000 cats.
- Thou shalt zip thy lip. Never discuss thy past asses…er…relationships with a potential mate during the early dating stages. Asketh not, telleth not.
- Thou shalt never ignore or make excuses for RED FLAGS. Flee-eth as the March wind. He might want to be your man, but he STILL CAN'T!
Living with Mom
A Preoccupation with Sex
Too Many Kids, Baby’s Mamas
Visit me at:
More Like This
Recent Posts by klbrady
Most Popular on BlogHer
Don Lemon Joins Whoopi Goldberg in Using Victim-Blaming Tactics to Defend Bill Cosby Against Rape Accusations
By Deb Rox
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life