At Least My Teenager Isn't [Fill In the Blank]
By Our Front Door on September 26, 2011
Featured BlogHer Network Post
[Editor's Note: "Parenting: It's a crap shoot." That's a line from this post by Mindee at Our Front Door and while I don't have teenagers (yet!), I found myself nodding. You can do everything right. You can be supportive and present and generally awesome, and your kids can still make the wrong choices. Mindee shares a story about a friend of their family that helped her put some of her kids' recent choices in perspective. It can always be worse. Right? -Jenna]
We parents of teenagers have a game we play. It's called "At Least My Child Isn't." As in:
- My child may have a D in math but at least she isn't ditching class.
- My child may have stayed out past curfew but at least he didn't come home drunk.
- My child may be lying to me, but at least she isn't pregnant.
- My child's room may be health hazard but at least they're home every night.
- My child may have dyed his hair blue, but at least he isn't getting tattoos.
Have you played "At Least My Child Isn't" yet?
Read more from I Will Spend 12 Years Parenting Teenagers at Our Front Door
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Family
Coffee-Mate® Girl Scout® Cookie Creamers
Bloggers share life hacks they learned during their Girl Scout days. We also found out that with the new Coffee-Mate® Girl Scout® Cookie creamers, we can now enjoy the delightful cookie taste all year round. Read their posts for a chance to win $100!