At Least My Teenager Isn't [Fill In the Blank]
[Editor's Note: "Parenting: It's a crap shoot." That's a line from this post by Mindee at Our Front Door and while I don't have teenagers (yet!), I found myself nodding. You can do everything right. You can be supportive and present and generally awesome, and your kids can still make the wrong choices. Mindee shares a story about a friend of their family that helped her put some of her kids' recent choices in perspective. It can always be worse. Right? -Jenna]
We parents of teenagers have a game we play. It's called "At Least My Child Isn't." As in:
- My child may have a D in math but at least she isn't ditching class.
- My child may have stayed out past curfew but at least he didn't come home drunk.
- My child may be lying to me, but at least she isn't pregnant.
- My child's room may be health hazard but at least they're home every night.
- My child may have dyed his hair blue, but at least he isn't getting tattoos.
Have you played "At Least My Child Isn't" yet?
Read more from I Will Spend 12 Years Parenting Teenagers at Our Front Door
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Family
Recent Comments on Family
By Holli Long
By Finley Jayne