Romney Wins Illinois Primary; Women Voters Key to His Strategy
By Erica Holloway on March 20, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
"Obama seems to think women are single issue voters that are not smart enough to understand the impact of his failed administration and his over-reaching regulation agenda. The truth is this President has failed America's women on so many levels with his broken promises.
Women are suffering greatly from Obamanomics. Here are a few facts:
- Women have gained less than 10 percent of jobs created during the "recovery."
- Unemployment among women has risen by 1.3 percent.
- Women are living in poverty at the highest rate in 17 years.
- The extreme poverty rate is the highest EVER!
- Every woman in America today owes $50,000 toward the national debt (as does every man and child.
- Women create numerous small businesses yet Obama regulations cost $1.75 Trillion annually.
Her letter goes on to state that Obama's failed to manage "kitchen table issues" such as energy costs, jobs and the economy -- issues deeply important to women voters.
Clearly, reproductive rights concerns won't fade away overnight, despite what seems like a tide turning -- and frankly, that's a good thing. Women need to get and remain engaged in the process.
And the direction of the RNC and Romney's strategists seems supported by recent polling that reflects women want to hear and know more about what the candidates plan to do about the economy.
Whatever got us to this point, it's empowering to see women voters holding the candidates accountable to us as a voting block.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Erica Holloway
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on News & Politics
Recent Comments on News & Politics