I'm just happy the day has ended !

Actually this morning I was doing just fine. I had a lot of work to do but I knew that I would manage everything properly and on time. What I didn’t anticipate was how other people would have an impact on my plan.


I had planned that I would get ready and prepare notes for the program I was to be a Master of Ceremony at. This was the concluding program of a theatre workshop that I taught at for the last 22 days. In this very program, I was also the director of one team's skit out of the four teams that would perform skits. The final rehearsal of my team was scheduled from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at my place. So I would prepare my notes a little before and a little after. By 2 I'd be ready with the notes and the final rehearsal would already be over. From 2 to 2:45 I would write my NaBloPoMo post, eat while re-reading my notes and get dressed and leave. I would reach the venue at 3 p.m. sharp. Then, till 6 p.m., along with another girl, I would be the make-up artist, the costume person and all-assorted-tasks-doer. At 6, I would once more, peacefully, go over my notes and at 6:30 p.m. the program would begin. Once it started, it would flow and there was nothing to worry about.


I was ready way before time for the rehearsal. I sat down to make my notes. But as time passed I got more and more agitated since my team was late and I was seething with anger by the time they reached my place a full hour late. I did continue to make my notes till they came but my mind wasn't at peace. Since their performance would be affected if I didn’t conduct rehearsals, I had to, after giving them a piece of my mind of course, conduct them. Naturally, rehearsals ended at 2 p.m. So I had to rush through food, skip writing on the blog and re-skim instead of re-read my notes and even then, I reached the venue 45 minutes late. Time simply flew after that. By the time all the make-up, hair and costumes were done and sets, lights and music were in place, it was 6:15 p.m. already ! Yet again I skimmed through my notes with half my attention wandering elsewhere. The program began 15 minutes behind schedule due to technical snags. Luckily, after that, it went well.


After the program ended, there was so much winding up work that I reached home at 11:05 p.m. As I was about to sit back and relax, I realised, I haven't put my post for NaBloPoMo ! So I promptly sat down to write so that I could post it before the day technically ended !


The spiral that began with the team coming late in the morning has finally ended as the day ends. Phew ! I'm really glad today is over :)