Innovative Technology Rewarded at CEA i-stage Awards
By JenWag57 on October 19, 2010
On Monday, October 18th, the 3rd annual i-stage awards were held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. The Consumer Electronics Association gives these awards to inspire innovation in consumer technology. The big winner this year was AutoBot, a piece of technology that allows you to integrate your car with your mobile lifestyle (more below).
8 finalists competed in the i-stage competition. They were each given 3 minutes to sell their product and then were asked a barrage of questions by the panel of 4 expert judges:
- Frank Gruber, co-founder of TECH Cocktail
- Richard MacManus, founder and CEO of ReadWriteWeb
- Rick Rommel, SVP of emerging business for Best Buy
- Jeremy Toeman, founer and managing partner of Stage Two Consulting.
The 8 gadgets presented were some of the coolest gadgets I've seen. They are:
1. First prize winner and fan favorite winner (voted by audience) - Mavizon Technologies AutoBot - Allows you car, cell phone and computer to work together. Control your car, track its GPS, monitor its health and security, send out emergency alerts and more. Once you buy the gadget, it is free to use. No service agreements.
2. Second prize winner - Tremont Electric nPower PEG - Attach this device to your cell phone, place it in your backpack or purse, and walk. Your motion will charge the phone. Great for anyone that does a lot of walking.
The rest are in random order as there were no other awards:
The rest of the article can be found at:
More Like This
Recent Posts by JenWag57
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Technology
Recent Comments on Technology