iPhone, How do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...
By kimayars on July 03, 2009
I love gadgets. Love, love, love them. If it's electronic, I want it. A year ago I got an iPhone 3G and I haven't been without it since. Look at all it can do:
- Receive calls. Yes, this is a no-brainer, but hey, it comes in handy.
- Play games. I have things on here that not only entertain me (Scrabble), but also entertain my 8-year-old (Tap Tap Revent) and my 6-year-old (Scoops). Truly a lifesaver in the doctor's office.
- Calculator. I am a math major, but that doesn't mean I can add.
- Calendar. This is my life force. If I didn't have my calendar to tell me where I to go and be, I'd be lost
- Level. Beleive it or not, I have used the level quite a bit! More often to prove bets, though. (Dear, that washingmachine is NOT level.)
- Flashlight. I work part-time as an IT Network Technician. While crawling under desks pulling wires, hooking up computers, and finding M&M's (circa 1987) the flashlight app comes in very handy.
- GPS. I get lost. A lot. No sense of direction. Ever.
- Web. I mostly use this to research trivia. And read blogs. And get ferry schedules.
- Text messaging. I think I put a lot of teenagers to shame on my text messaging frequency.
- Time keeper. I use my phone to keep track of how many hours I work in the week. It's got a timer and everything. Love it.
- Voice Recorder. You can't believe how long a 6-year-old will listen to herself sing.
I'm sure there is more, but let's just say that when I tell my husband I love my iPhone, and he responds, "Why don't you marry it?" I have to think a little bit...
More Like This
Recent Posts by kimayars
Most Popular on BlogHer
Our bloggers have come up with some ways to celebrate this season! Here you will find tips on how to make these summertime activities unforgettable sponsored by Aquafresh. Aquafresh provides Sugar Acid Protection -- active defense for teeth against sugar by both repairing teeth from the consequences of sugar acid attacks and protecting them for the future. Read our bloggers' reviews and get a chance to win $100! Read more
Most Popular on Technology
What It's Like to Be a Target on the Internet Every Day: Brianna Wu and Shireen Mitchell at #BlogHer15