The Irrefutable, No Strings Attached Lovely Blog Award
By melanie jean juneau on February 08, 2014
If someone does not accept awards, you cannot return this one. Nope, sorry,....my nomination is irrefutable and it stands even if you cannot fulfill the requirements. This is a no strings attached nomination; only fulfill the award if you have time and are inspired. I could not resist looking all the different badges for this award, so I present a collage and will simply let those nominated choose one or all or them!
The rules of this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers.
4. Notify the nominees.
5. Put the logo of the award on your blog.
1.Thank -you to Myas – A Tragic Lady But No TB, who nominated me.She is a great writer with a lovely blog. Her stuff is insightful and poetic, unique and delightful.
2. More Drivel About Me
- I love STRONG tea, butter tarts, red wine and cilantro. I love old houses and restoring their beauty, gardening, big windows and old pine floors.
- Someone told my mother that I was cute but my sister would be beautiful! I am short, 5′ 1″ and 104 lb. I was a cute little kid (the grade six girls wanted to cart me around like a doll ), a cute new mother, my kids’ friends think I am cute and I will be a cute, little old lady. Doomed to be forever cute.
- . I have a sadistic streak. The times I have laughed the hardest concern my husband and bathtubs. Once Michael was stuck in a too small bathtub, trying to rinse his hair with a princess shower head without getting any water on the floor. The second hilarious incident was when he was stuck in a cold bath, with his leg sticking straight out in a cast, while I attempted to haul him up! Both times I laughed so hard that I ended up on the floor. My husband did not even smile.
- My athletic skills are dismal. Michael, my athletic husband finally gave up on trying to find a sport to suit me when he realized that the only possible choices were a very gentle game of badminton or croquet but even that was a stretch.
- I am eccentric, living on the margins of society and I love quirky, intellectual nerds with a sense of humour. I often laugh in the face of tragedy. It works for me.Only my parents really get my humour.
- If it was not for my daughters buying me clothes, cutting and dying my hair and teaching me about make-up, I would look very frumpy.
- I am an inefficient square, trying to force myself to roll through chores like a circle. I just recently have begun to take delight in my inefficiency.
3. Nominations- If someone does not accept awards, well it still stands even if you cannot fulfill the requirements because this is a no strings attached nomination; only fulfill the award if you have time and are inspired.
- Raising five kids with disabilities
- bufflao Tom Peabody’s blogs
- Em’s Estuary
- The girls
- filling my prayer closet
- Thoughts of Raige
- Lola Leghorn
- It’s all a matter of perspective
The Joy of Mothering