It's All About.me!
About.me is all about me. Well, if you set up your own free page, then it's all about you, too! Anyway, about.me is a simplistic way to create a beautiful 'splash page' about you. Get creative with your background photo to really make your about.me page pop. Hint: Preview the beautiful examples before you create your own.
About.me is free. Simply sign-up on the about.me website to reserve your name on about.me. You'll receive an e-mail when you have been accepted to create your online profile. About.me is still in Beta, but it already has some really useful features. I like how easily I can add other popular social media account links to my profile. Now, when I share this page, everyone can also find me on LinkedIn, Twitter, my blogs, etc. As an added bonus, about.me provides nice analytics data on how many people see my profile, where they're coming from, and what they do on my page. I can't wait to see how others start using it. For now, I like it as a sort of visual cover letter. How will you use it?
Here are some other ideas for promoting your personal brand on about.me
- You could use it as a cover letter with links to your Visual CV.
- Add your about.me URL to your e-mail signature to share with business associates or friends Its your personal brand, so be creative.
- If you're an artist, maker or photographer, showcase your skills while linking to your online portfolios, Etsy storefront, etc.
- If you're an educator, why not create a page with links your students can use (you can add any link to your profile)
- Perhaps you enjoy food. Share your food blog and all of your other great food-related social networking interactions and photos. Don't forget to feature your favorite dish as your background image.