Jalapeno Black Bean Burgers
By Kristinhong on December 10, 2012
I think I just made the best thing I've ever made. I know I say a lot of things are delicious, but this was phenomenal. I got this recipe from Eat, Live, Run and wow, this is going in my permanent recipe book... for life.
They were so hearty, garlic-y and had a great kick with the jalapeño . These black bean burgers are extremely healthy and vegetarian friendly. The recipe calls for all natural ingredients and I only slightly panfried the patties. I am not a vegetarian and I promise, even non-vegs will love this! Here's what makes these burgers so nutritious:
- Beans are a great source of protein
- Beans have a low glycemic index
- Beans are good for your skin, as they are anti-inflammatories
- One cooked cup of beans has 12-14g of fiber
- Garlic has been proven to help your heart and immune system, due to it's antioxidant content. It helps to lower your cholesterol and strengthen your immunity cells.
To see the full post and recipe go here: http://thefreshfind.blogspot.com/2012/12/jalapeno-black-bean-burgers.html#
More Like This
Recent Posts by Kristinhong
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more