Jalapeno Black Bean Burgers
By Kristinhong on December 10, 2012
I think I just made the best thing I've ever made. I know I say a lot of things are delicious, but this was phenomenal. I got this recipe from Eat, Live, Run and wow, this is going in my permanent recipe book... for life.
They were so hearty, garlic-y and had a great kick with the jalapeño . These black bean burgers are extremely healthy and vegetarian friendly. The recipe calls for all natural ingredients and I only slightly panfried the patties. I am not a vegetarian and I promise, even non-vegs will love this! Here's what makes these burgers so nutritious:
- Beans are a great source of protein
- Beans have a low glycemic index
- Beans are good for your skin, as they are anti-inflammatories
- One cooked cup of beans has 12-14g of fiber
- Garlic has been proven to help your heart and immune system, due to it's antioxidant content. It helps to lower your cholesterol and strengthen your immunity cells.
To see the full post and recipe go here: http://thefreshfind.blogspot.com/2012/12/jalapeno-black-bean-burgers.html#
More Like This
Recent Posts by Kristinhong
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health