Jimmy Dean D-lights “Better Breakfast, Better You” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Entrants in the Jimmy Dean D-lights Better Breakfast, Better You ("Promotion") must be 18 years of age or older and legal U.S. residents (Residents of Puerto Rico are excluded). Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Inc. ("BlogHer" or "Sponsor") or Jimmy Dean, their respective partners, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, successors and assigns, and their immediate family members [spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren] and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins 10:00 a.m. (PST) 12/28/2010 and ends 5:00 p.m. (PST) 01/30/2011.
3. Entry: To enter any of the sweepstakes in this program, visit the sweepstakes main page at http://www.blogher.com/jimmy-dean-sweepstakes and follow one of the links there to the participating blogs. To participate in and qualify for this Promotion, eligible entrants can do up to two of the following options:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that Tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) Follow this link and provide your email address and your response to the sweepstakes prompt
• Entries must be written in English and posted before 5:00pm PST on 01/30/2011 to be eligible.
• Entries must be the entrant's original work and must comply with BlogHer Editorial Standards.
• Entries must be on topic and not offensive, demeaning, or derogatory.
• Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, stolen, late, damaged, incomplete, mutilated or misdirected entries.
• All entries become property of Sponsor.
• By posting a comment, entrant agrees that any or all of the submitted comment, whether randomly chosen as a potential Winner or not, may be reproduced on Sponsor’s web site in connection with this Promotion without compensation at the sole discretion of representatives of Sponsor.
The potential Winners and alternate Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries.
• Potential Winners will be notified by email. Please check to ensure we have your current, correct email address. Potential Winners must accept their prize within 72 hours of notification. If the Prize is not timely accepted by a potential Winner, an alternate Winner will be notified by email and shall be awarded the Prize if timely accepted. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
• Only two entries per household.
• Odds of winning depend on the total of number of eligible entries submitted in the Promotion.
4. Sweepstakes: Potential Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. The entrant selected must comply with all terms, conditions, and restrictions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Mass entries or mechanical reproductions are invalid. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, postage-due, illegible, incomplete entries which will be disqualified.
5. Prize: TWENTY FIVE (25) prize Winners to receive a $100 visa gift card. The prize Winners will be randomly selected on or around 02/01/2011. Total promotion prize ARV is $2,500.
Potential Winners will be notified via email and will receive their prize via U.S. mail to their US resident address within two weeks from Sponsor's receipt of the Prize Notification and Release agreement executed by each Winner. Prize shipping costs will be paid for by Sponsor.
6. General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree neither BlogHer, Jimmy Dean, nor their respective shareholders, agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, or legal advisors are responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, assembly, or use of the prize. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend, suspend, or cancel the Promotion at any time. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
By accepting the Promotion Prize, except where legally prohibited, Winner grants permission (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation, in connection with the running or advertising of this Promotion. Winner shall be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility/liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and such other documents as may be required by Sponsor. Required documents must be signed and received by Sponsor within 10 days of the date printed on the prize notification. Failure to execute or timely return the prize notification documentation may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash or credit. All necessary taxes and duties on the prize, and any other costs associated with maintaining or operating the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify Winners.
7. Disclosure. Winners acknowledges and agrees that they are not required to make any statements about, or provide any opinions regarding, the Prize, and any such statements and/or opinions made by Winners are at Winners’ sole discretion. If a Winner is employed by, works for, or provides content to, any means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television or the Internet, including, without limitation Winner’s blog (collectively, the “Media”), then Winner will not speak about or refer to the Prize, directly or indirectly, in such capacity through the Media, without disclosing that Winner won the Prize in connection with the Promotion.
8. For names of Winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to 02/28/2011 to: BlogHer Attn: Jimmy Dean Promotion Request, 1301 Shoreway Rd., Ste 340, Belmont, CA 94002.
9. Sponsor: BlogHer, Inc.
1301 Shoreway Rd., Ste. 340
Belmont, CA 94002
Tel: (650) 551-1364
© 2010 BlogHer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BLOGHER is a trademark of BlogHer, Inc.
Tweet is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.